About User Details and Activities
Userlane can give you insights into the User data that is being passed to us depending on your individual configuration. This data can be accessed in the Userlane Portal.
⚠️ If privacy regulations within your company do not allow displaying such information, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager to have this option disabled.
In this article, we will show you where to find the data and explain how you can use the data.
Why use it
- check if a specific User has completed the Guides.
- check if a user was “targeted” and, if needed, update the segment so this and other users are included in it.
- review user activities, e.g. completed Guides
- check User information e.g. if you want to validate/test that an attribute you are sending is associated with the user
How to access it
To access the User Details section of the Portal, follow these steps:
- Go to the Segments > Users section.
- You will see a list of Users.
- Note that the list contains a limited number of users, and the total number is displayed above the list.
- To view details of a specific User, click on their entry in the list.
- The User section is divided into Details and Activities. The Details section provides general user data. The Activities section displays the User's interaction with the Guides.
Below, we will present both of the sections.
This section shows some general information on the User (Standard Attributes). It will also contain the data you decide to pass to Userlane in the Attributes (Application Attributes and Company Attributes).
In this chart, you will find the explanation of the data items.
Customer User ID
This is the ID that is assigned to that user to identify them
If no specific ID is assigned, a random ID will be generated
Shows how the User was created:
Last Time Active
|Showing the first time Userlane recognized the User or showing the last time Userlane was shown to the user|
|Application and Company Attributes|
Shows additional data that is passed for the User by the client in the form of Attributes.
The difference is if Data is passed via a Snippet (Application Attributes) or a Browser Extension (Application and Company Attributes)
The Activities section will show you the Guides the User has interacted with and the ones he is targeted with. The list is organized by Chapters.
The list will show you the interaction type of a given Guide:
Targeted: means if the Guide is available to that user (User is included in the segment)
Started: shows if the User has started the Guide (not necessarily completed)
Completed: shows if the user has completed it
Date: shows the completion date
The dots next to the Guide and Chapter titles indicate whether they are published (green) or
How to find specific Users and display their Data
The User List shows a limited number of Users, ones who were most recently active with Userlane.
To display a specific User or group of Users:
Go to User Segmentation
Apply the criteria that are needed to specify the user, e.g. ID, behavior, attributes. You can also have a combination of them
Review the list of users matching the criteria
Click on the User ID