Use a link to direct your users to a specific Guide.
How to copy and use a link
You can use this link for all your users; when clicked, they are redirected to the default URL that you have set up in the application settings. The linked Guide starts at the default URL.
- If you have already a Userlane account and you are based in Europe ⇨ Start this Guide to learn where to find the link to trigger a Guide.
- If you have already a Userlane account and you are based in the US ⇨ Start this Guide to learn where to find the link to trigger a Guide.
How to trigger a Guide on a different URL
You have 2 options:
Add this to the link: "?redirectTo=thespecificURL". Replace thespecificURL with the URL where you want the Guide to start.
Add "?userlaneStart=12345" to your URL. Replace the number 12345 with the ID of the Guide you want to trigger.
If you have already an account and you are based in Europe ⇨ Start this Guide to see how to locate a Guide ID. Or if you are based in the US ⇨ Start this Guide.
Good to know
- Guides can be triggered by a link if the snippet has been added to your source code or in browser extension implementation cases as long as the recipient is authenticated as an end user (via SSO or user import).
- You can include the link in your help articles (like we did above), in emails, or send them via your support chat.
- If you have different subdomains for different clients, you will need to adapt the URL for each of them as explained above.
- Please note that some applications define specific redirect URLs. In such cases, you might get automatically redirected to a different URL as defined in redirectTo. This is a setting on your application and can not be adjusted by Userlane.
Read this article to learn how to start a Guide with a custom trigger.