The Userlane Assistant is your users' main navigation tool for your content, providing access to all of your Guides and Announcements. It can also be used to connect your users with the Search and Help functionality to give them access to relevant information or support directly where they need it.
When the Assistant is enabled for your users, an avatar is displayed in your application providing direct access to the Assistant menu:
Adapt it to your needs
The Userlane Assistant is your communication channel to your users directly in your application. Because we know how important this is, we designed it with the flexibility to support different use cases.
1. Enable the menu options that are relevant to your users:
- Guides: Prepare interactive Guides to help your users reach their goals; structure them in organized chapters to ensure that they find the information they need as quickly as possible. Schedule a call with your Customer Success Manager if you want help with your content strategy.
- Announcements: Communicate your latest news to your users directly where it matters thanks to Userlane Announcements.
- Search: Enable the Search button to help your users find answers to their questions without reaching out to your support. Connect Search to an integration with your knowledge base so your users can retrieve additional resources without leaving your application. Learn more in Search through the Userlane Assistant.
To enable Search, go to Customize > Search in your Userlane Portal.
Help: Enable the Help button to link users to additional resources such as a help center, support chat, or a communication platform channel such as Slack or MS Teams.
Go to Customize > Help in your Userlane Portal to add Help links to the Assistant. See Userlane Assistant Help to learn more.
2. Customize the look and feel:
Customize the avatar image so that it fits well with your application's UI. Go to Customize > Design to change the image. View our Working with images article to learn more about image file recommendations for your avatar.
Choose from four standard positions within your app that will remain responsive no matter the size of the screen.
Adapt the default text of the menus to fit your communication style.
⇨ Start this Guide to learn how.