Page segmentation enables you to show specific userlanes only on specific URLs. You don’t need to implement any code. Use this userlane to learn how to create page segments in your Userlane Dashboard.
Use these 3 steps
- Create a page segmentation concept
- Create the page segments
- Apply the segments to your userlanes
1. Create a page segmentation concept
Use these questions to create a concept:
- Does the URL structure of your application have unique text on different sections?
- Which userlanes show content that is only needed in a specific section?
- Which userlanes need to be accessible everywhere in the software?
- Which processes have a generic part and additionally specific elements that need some further explanation?
2. Create the page segments
Use this userlane to create a page segment in your dashboard.
Good to know:
- You can add any patterns (path, parameters, fragments, etc.) of the URL after the domain.
- You can’t use the domain or subdomain.
- Simply copy a unique part of the URL
- You can add more than one part of a URL
This is the URL: https:// family.userlane.com/app/12345/users/list/users?filters=.
We want to filter the Segment section. That’s why we copy & paste one part of this URL which is unique to the Segment section: users/list.
When you have varying parts in a URL that are between 2 unique parts: You can use Asterisks (*) for the varying part in a URL (app/*/users/list). This is only necessary if you really need both of the unique parts.
3. Apply the segments to your userlanes
Use this userlane to apply page segments to your userlanes.
You should think about this
- Page Segments applied for a whole chapter will affect every userlane within this chapter.
- If you apply another Page Segment for a userlane within this chapter, the chapter and userlane segment will be connected with a logical AND for this userlane.
- A chapter will not be visible on general pages anymore if all the userlanes within it are only visible on specific pages.
- The red bubble in the Userlane assistant (showing the number of userlanes uncompleted in a chapter) varies depending on the active Page Segmentation. It shows the number of uncompleted userlanes in the first uncompleted chapter.
- Segments that are in usage can’t be deleted. If you want to delete a page segment you need to remove the applied segmentation first.
- You can also apply a page segment to the whole assistant, to only show it eg. on your main page. Apply this setting in the Customize → Behavior section.
- Best practices on how to build a segmentation conception.
- How to show userlanes only for specific user groups.
Do you need more info?
Contact us via our Intercom Chat or via email@example.com