To go live with your userlanes you should follow these 6 steps:
- Understand the difference between Dashboard and Editor
- Define a structured concept
- Build your Userlanes
- Structure & Customize Userlane
- Test your userlanes
- Go Live
1. Understand the difference between Dashboard and Editor
Editor - With the Editor, you can build your userlanes. You always use the Editor directly on your application. You need to be logged in to your Userlane Dashboard account. Start the Editor using the Userlane Snippet or the Userlane Browser Extension. Then you can simply record the guides with the Editor.
Dashboard - In the Dashboard you can customize, manage and structure your userlanes. You can also define settings and see analytics.
2. Define a structured concept
The very first step before seriously building userlanes is to define your goals and a clear content structure to reach them.
You can reach out to your customer success manager if you need support.
3. Build Userlanes
Starting the Editor with the Browser Extension: Click on the Browser Extension, Inject and Start Editor to start Userlane within your application.
Starting the Editor with the Snippet: Click on the Userlane Assistant and click Start Editor in the admin bar.
4. Structure & Customize Userlane
- Structure your userlanes: Create new chapters and move userlanes between and within chapters to provide a clear structure.
- Customize your Design: Customize the appearance of your userlanes by defining general texts or adapting colors to your CI requirements.
- Add a welcome slide to welcome new user after the first login. This slide will only appear once.
- Define your main settings, segmentation and languages to get the most out of the product for your individual use case.
5. Test your userlanes
Test your userlanes by using the preview mode in the Editor. Invite your co-workers to give you additional feedback.
6. Go Live
- Change the toggle from private to public.
- Remember that it’s not necessary to go live with all your userlanes at once: Userlanes that are still in draft status simply stay on private.
- Your Assistant is still not visible to your users? Have a look into this checklist!