You can pass the app signup time of a user within the Userlane Snippet. Then you can define a setting in the Userlane Dashboard that shows Userlane only to users who signed up to your application after a specific date, e.g. your go-live date with Userlane.
1. Dev task: Pass the users signup time variable via the Userlane Snippet
Since the Signup Time is an attribute related to your users, it is integrated into the User Command line of code as a variable.
// User Command
Userlane('user', 'user_ID', 'signup_time');
Please make sure to use the following format for the Signup Time.
If you want to use a specific user date to compare it to a relative date (e.g. show some userlanes only to those users that signed up in the last two weeks from today onwards), you have to implement this with another command. Find more info in this tech article.
2. Manager task: Add the Signup Time Filter into your Userlane Dashboard
Follow this interactive tour to find the setting for defining an absolute signup time filter in the Userlane Dashboard.
This filter will then compare the signup time of each user with the absolute date and time defined in the Dashboard. Only end users who signed up to your application after the absolute date and time set in the Dashboard will be able to see the Userlane Assistant.
Please use the following format for your Signup Date and Time filter:
Good to know
- Make sure to add a Signup Time variable in your Userlane Snippet as well as to add a Signup Time filter in your Userlane Dashboard for it to work properly.
- The Signup Time is a global setting. When you apply it, it will segment all your users by time. It does not segment per chapter or userlane.
- Userlane Snippet
- Configure the behavior of Userlane
- Filter with relative dates: Enrich your user profiles with custom data attributes
Do you need more info?
Contact us via our Intercom Chat or firstname.lastname@example.org.