For you to start building and implementing userlanes, you need to get access to our Editor. For Atlassian products like Jira and Confluence, you have to follow specific procedures. Here we explain them to you.
How it works
In order to use Userlane with Jira and Confluence, you need to download and configure the Userlane Atlassian add-on. Additionally, if you then follow the regular procedures for implementing Userlane, you are ready to start building your userlanes.
Please be aware that the currently supported products are
- Jira 6.4.14 and later
- Confluence 5.8.10 and later
What you need to do
1. Downloading the Atlassian Add-on
Please download the Atlassian Add-on from the Atlassian marketplace.
2. Configuring the Atlassian Add-on
Once the add-on has been downloaded from the marketplace you will need to configure it to start using Userlane across your Atlassian products.
- Go to the configuration page
- Please input your application ID - Please note: You will need to subscribe to Userlane separately and then enter the Application ID that will be assigned to your subscription before you can start working with this add-on. For more information, please go to the Userlane website
Once you have entered the application ID there are two other configuration options to choose which are enabled by default and do the following:
- Identify Users - If this is enabled, this add-on will include the user key when loading Userlane. This allows you to see a list of users who have engaged with Userlane and eases manual grouping of users. This does not give Userlane access to any information stored in user profiles
- Group Users - If this is enabled, this add-on will include the groups a user belongs to when loading Userlane. This allows you to target content to specific user groups.
Once you save the configuration you will get a confirmation message popup notfying you of the updated values.
3. Using the Atlassian Add-on together with Userlane
Once you have the application ID assigned and updated, on the next refresh, when you're logged into the Userlane Dashboard you will see the Userlane Editor and your end users will see the Userlane Assistant. This will allow you to create userlanes for the afforementioned products.
Do you need more info?
Contact us via our contact form.