Use this Userlane to learn how to add info boxes, links, images/GIFs or videos.
You can add one media item to each step in a userlane. There are four types of media you can add:
- Info Box
Good to know
- You can add images and GIFs via upload or via URL.
- Supported image formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif.
- Max image upload size: 8 MB.
- You can add videos by URL. The URL has to be publically accessible. Supported hosts are youtube, wistia, vimeo and Microsoft stream. Make sure to use the embedded link provided by the host.
- If you have more than one language available you can use the toggle to decide if you want to apply this media for all languages in this step. If you decide to do so, all other media items in other languages, such as an Info Box or a link, will be overwritten.
- If you delete a media item it is only going to be deleted for the language you are currently working in.
- You are responsible for the content you show: Make sure you have the copy rights for the media elements you are using. Feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or via the Userlane Support if you have questions.
The benefits of media items
- Content Enrichment: Give your users additional information, tips, tricks, and/or examples. Link to knowledge articles, other relevant websites, or another userlane.
- Increase Understanding: Visualize certain abstract processes or concepts that cannot be explained in an interactive tour or show previews of how the action will affect something in the end.
- Attract Attention: Use images, videos, or gifs to capture your user's attention in a specific step or slide.
- Branding: Use your personalized videos or images to position your product.
- Gamification & Motivation: Welcome your users with an introduction video, reward them with a GIF, or just make them laugh somewhere in-between a tour.